Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 3 - Reflections

Day 3 was a fruitful session - The class moved away from the norms of New media definitions and exposure to the NM tools available. The focus has now shifted to how make learning alive through these tools.

Aside from the storming and norming of our final project work, what impacted me most was the comments by Steve on what are the conditions that promotes Powerful Learning. I would like to take the opportunity to mention it here:

- An Active Dynamic Process rather than a Passive Product of Experiences
- Motivated Intrisically rather than Extrinsically
- Experienced within Meaningful, Relevant Context
- Build on Existing Knowledge

I find that these 4 conditions are very applicable and will in the future use it as a principle guide/ checklist for designing courses and conducting classes. I can even apply it on myself to ensure that i am embarking on something that is useful (and not time wasting).

1 comment:

  1. The four conditions apply to all form of learning, so it is not something new. What is this going to do with new media? I think it will be more fruitful to look into the challenges we will face if we use the new media way as our formal training. By going this way how is it going to affect the culture of our organisation.

    ReplyDelete